Report directly to the Administrative Director. Assist with managing the processes for Full-Time, Part-Time and Voluntary faculty activities, such as appointments, promotions, tenure, reappointments, recruitment, FMLA, and retirement system wide. Serve as the focal point for collection of materials and implementation of status changes for academic faculty. Provide analysis and guidance to the department with regards to junior and senior level academic staff appointments and promotions processes. Ensure compliance with school and institutional policies.
Scope of responsibility:
· Allergy and Immunology
· Endocrinology, Diabetes and Bone Diseases
· Hospital Medicine
· Infectious Diseases
· General Internal Medicine/Primary Care
· Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine
· Network Development
· Core Institutes
- Mount Sinai Beth Israel
- Mount Sinai Brooklyn
- The Mount Sinai Hospital
- Mount Sinai Queens
- Mount Sinai St. Luke’s
- Mount Sinai West
- New York Eye and Ear Infirmary
- Elmhurst Hospital
- Queens Hospital Center
- Bronx Veteran’s Administration
- Atlantic Health System
- CareMount Medical
- Englewood Hospital
- Good Samaritan Hospital
- The New Jewish Home
Review required documents within the departmental portal:
- Business Plan (BP)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Job Description
- Site Chair Approval
- Provide administrative support to the Vice Chair of Administration, Division Chiefs and Administrators.
- Assists in preparation and monitoring of agreements and retention letter requests via Meditract system within the Dean’s Office.
- Ensure site Administrator notified International Personnel’s office of new provider
Medical Staff Appointment
Manage faculty, voluntary and cross credentialing requests of all hospital appointments
- Collect applicant CV, valid identification, demographics for Medical Staff Application request.
- Delegate voluntary applicants to appropriate Division Chief for initial interview and approval.
- Forward completed and signed Medical Staff Application request to MSS team.
Monitor application processes to meet monthly deadlines.
Manage requests from the Network Development/Outreach and Affiliated Physicians’ Offices
Provide updated faculty rosters to Department Management on a weekly basis.
Managed Care Credentialing
Serve as MSHS point of contact for Managed Care credentialing.
- Inform Managed Care Credentialing team (MCCT) of all new recruits.
- ·Complete Managed Care credentialing Checklist
- ·Submit Checklist and required documents to MSH team for database processing.
- ·Participate in Bi-weekly conference call in regards to status updates
- Assist with submission of I-9 requests for faculty via Corporate Screening.
- Initiate Onboarding process system wide.
- Submit onboarding packet to Dean’s Office for academic appointment requests
- Follow up with Compensation to ensure provider has been added to Sinai Central HR system
MSH department liaison for Coverage of Insurance (COI), malpractice inquiries.
Academic Promotions (Senior and Junior Level)
Review required document within the departmental portal:
- Business Plan (BP), if applicable
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Chair Statement (drafted by Division Chief)
- Multi-year term form (if applicable)
Academic Re-appointments and Non-Reappointments
Remind departmental administrators every MAY and NOVEMBER of reappointments and non-reappointments letter processes:
- Prepare Reappointment Letters, distributing for signature
- Provide Approved Business Plans (if applicable)
- Generate Multi-term forms (if applicable)
- o Must contain current salary information
- o Signed by Site Chair.
Forward affiliation verifications to divisional administrators for Division Chief’s signature
Affiliation Appointment Requests:
Manage external hospitals and private practices academic and hospital appointment request s
Obtain Division Chiefs approval of ALL requests
Change in status
Notify appropriate Departments of any faculty employment changes, including resignations and retirements.
Troubleshoot issues as they arise.
Minimum Education and Experience Required
Bachelor's degree preferred, three years of experience working with administrative processes, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required
High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
Ability to track, monitor and adhere to deadlines.
Ability to learn School of Medicine systems.
Experience working with databases and Microsoft Office suite.
Excellent communication skills.
Demonstrated ability to act with tact and maintain confidentiality.
Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
Demonstrated ability to work well with MSH colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
Demonstrated commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety, shown through communication of safety concerns and use and promotion of safe behaviors
If interested, please contact:
(212) 241-8062 (office)