Company: Westmed Practice Partners
Position: Credentialing Assistant
Location: Purchase, New York
Westmed Practice Partners is currently recruiting for a full time Credentialing Assistant.
The Credentialing Assistant provides support to the Credentialing Department with various assigned workflows and daily/weekly/monthly duties. The position adds additional cohesion in maintaining credentialing information. This position covers various areas requiring excellent data entry and organizational skills in addition to all other assigned duties to support the Department.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Enters large volumes of data entry accurately and in a timely manner
- Responsible for filing and document scanning
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail
- Responsible for various assigned workflows and daily/weekly/monthly duties
- Assists with office supply orders
- Assists with audits
- Conducts roster reconciliations
- Creates provider datasets as assigned
- Answers the credentialing department telephone
- Updates CAQH provider profiles
- Completes credentialing applications for third parties
- Organizes worker’s compensation application packages
- Organizes NY Medicaid credentialing application packages
- Supports the Credentialing Manager
- Assists with other projects as needed
- Works closely with all members of the Credentialing Department
- Keeps the Credentialing Manager abreast of any roadblocks/delays and any adverse findings in a timely manner and/or as requested.
- In keeping with department policies, assures data security and confidentiality through the use of appropriate labeling of information, storage, and securing of all filing systems used to house Provider data.
- Is well versed on and appropriately utilizes all applications used to track Provider information: ECHO Credentialing Software and MS Outlook.
- Adheres to all WMG Compliance Program Policies and Procedures including all regulatory financial, HIPAA, and OSHA requirements. Participates in and contributes to help achieve a total compliance program.
- High School Degree or equivalent; Associates degree preferred.
- Minimum 1-3 years office experience preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, while integrating a high degree of attention to detail and organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Able to quickly learn new processes and tools
- Able to navigate the ECHO credentialing software system
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with providers and office managers.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Flexibility to respond to changing demands and environment.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and complete delegated demands.