NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children’s hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Credentials Specialist – Medical Staff Services
In this role, the successful candidate Responsible for initiating, processing, reviewing and analyzing physician/allied health applications for initial appointment in accordance with established credentialing standards.
- Initiates, processes, reviews and analyzes physician/allied health applications for initial appointment exercising discretion and independent judgment with respect to applicable credentialing standards.
- Conducts/reviews primary source verification and validation of credentialing documents including clinical education/training, board certification and eligibility, licensure, accreditation, work history, liability insurance and malpractice claims history. Assesses completeness of information and qualifications relative to credentialing standards.
- Independently identifies and flags adverse information from application materials for the purpose of conducting special follow-up investigations in preparation for Credentials Committee review. Uses discretion to escalate identified flags to management.
- Enters data from provider applications into Cactus database, including provider privileges, and uploads CAQH as applicable, focusing on accuracy and interpreting or adapting data to conform to defined data field uses.
- Independently prepares, issues, electronically tracks and follows-up on appropriate verifications for efficient processing of each individual application.
- Employs public relations skills and uses discretion in a wide variety of email, phone and in person contacts with internal and external sources for purposes of soliciting information and communicating information essential to the credentialing process and credentials investigations.
- Independently creates and generates data reports from the credentialing database to effectively manage and monitor the credentialing process and their applications.
- Internally audits, organizes and maintains provider files in accordance with established principles of legal documentation and confidentiality.
- Independently maintains tickler system for follow-up of unanswered correspondence. Investigates and resolves matters of significance on behalf of the department and escalates to management as appropriate.
- Organizes and prepares credential files for review by management, clinical department leadership and the Credentials Committee.
- Initiates, processes, reviews and analyzes requests for Additional Privileges, One Time Privileges and Changes of Status.
- Processes Temporary Privileges as applicable and approved.
- Maintains a high degree of discretion and trustworthiness in the handling of confidential information associated with the credentialing process.
- Post Committee reviews and approvals, responsible for assuring file completeness and prompt, accurate and detailed communication regarding final on-boarding of new providers, including Post Committee approval letters, Delineation of Privileges (DOP) and communication to providers.
- Performs other duties and assists with special projects as assigned.
To qualify you must have a High school graduate or the equivalent. Minimum of three years’ experience in medical staff credentialing required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Computer skills, including word processing and data base maintenance.
Medical staff credentialing certification from NAMSS (National Association of Medical Staff Services) preferred. Self-motivated with the ability to complete projects independently within established timeframes. Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines. Ability to cope with interruptions, varying personalities, rush projects, and demanding medical staff. Must be well organized and able to prioritize responsibilities. Must have independent judgment and interpersonal relationship skills in working with medical staff leaders and other Departments in the NYU Health System.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
If interested in this position and meet the qualifications, please click on the link below to apply: