Job Description for: Regional Director, Credentialing Assistant Director
Department: MPA HEALTHCARE IMPROVEMENT
Job ID: 47876
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Regular Shift: 2
Hire In Rate: $69,706.00 (for employees new to HHC)
Salary Range: $75,169.00 - $90,000.00
Pay Frequency: Year
Civil Service Classification: Managerial
Empower Every New Yorker — Without Exception — to Live the Healthiest Life Possible
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the United States. We provide essential outpatient, inpatient and home-based services to more than one million New Yorkers every year across the city’s five boroughs. Our large health system consists of ambulatory centers, acute care centers, post-acute care/long-term care, rehabilitation programs, Home Care, and Correctional Health Services. Our diverse workforce is uniquely focused on empowering New Yorkers, without exception, to live the healthiest life possible.
Under direction and with wide latitude for the exercise of independent initiative and judgement, performs some of the following functions:
- Oversight and management of the day to day staffing, operations, and credentialing for assigned sites within specified region
- Travel to regional sites to provide guidance, supervision, leadership and training to local medical staff offices
- Liaise with Central Office credentialing leadership to ensure credentialing system directives are being followed
- Maintain compliance with Federal, State, and System regulations
- Maintain both internal and external customer and client relationships as required and manages expectations related to the performance of deliverables
- Coordinate and monitor the credentialing workload of office staff
- Provide leadership, training, and review work of credentialing specialists
- Manage, identify, research, and resolve issues involving daily workflow and quality of work
- Participate in and support the orientation of newly hired staff
- Actively participate in credentialing standards development
- Credentialing: Responsible for all aspects of provider credentialing and re-credentialing.
- License Renewals: Ensures that physician licenses are renewed prior to expiration.
- Primary Source Verification: Completes primary source verification for new and existing providers to ensure due diligence.
- Records Management: Maintains assigned physician files, updating each item/action as processed.
- Utilizes database status/alert and other report functions, software tools and links to scanned documentation.
- Ensures that information is current and accurate.
- Credentialing Standards: maintains consistency in database entry to ensure accurate and consistent processes.
- Back-up Coverage: provide credentialing back-up for other members of the credentialing group.
1. A Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Healthcare, Hospital, Public, or Business Administration, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior or a related field and three years of full-time experience planning, developing and monitoring programs, systems and/or procedures in support of administrative management initiatives, one year of which must have been in a responsible managerial or supervisory capacity; or
2. A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university in Healthcare, Hospital, Public, or Business Administration, Psychology or a related discipline and four years of full-time experience as outlined in 1 above, two years of which must have been in a responsible managerial or supervisory capacity; or
3. A satisfactory combination of education, training and experience.
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button on line at careers.nychhc.org or mail your resume, noting the above Job ID #, to:
NYC Health + Hospitals
Talent AcquisitionHuman Resources Department
55 Water Street, 26th Floor
New York, NY 10041
Attn: Talent Acquisition
If applying online, please include your cover letter in the same file attachment with your uploaded resume.