Job Description for: Credentialing Specialist (Coordinating Manager)
Department: MPA HEALTHCARE IMPROVEMENT
Job ID: 51831
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Regular Shift: 2
Hire In Rate: $45,087.00 (for employees new to HHC)
Salary Range: $45,087.00 - $65,000.00
Pay Frequency: Year
Civil Service Classification: Managerial
Empower Every New Yorker — Without Exception — to Live the Healthiest Life Possible
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the United States. We provide essential outpatient, inpatient and home-based services to more than one million New Yorkers every year across the city’s five boroughs. Our large health system consists of ambulatory centers, acute care centers, post-acute care/long-term care, rehabilitation programs, Home Care, and Correctional Health Services. Our diverse workforce is uniquely focused on empowering New Yorkers, without exception, to live the healthiest life possible.
Under general supervision with moderate latitude for independent initiative and judgement, performs some of the following functions:
- Credentialing: Responsible for all aspects of provider credentialing and re-credentialing.
- License Renewals: Ensures that physician licenses are renewed prior to expiration.
- Primary Source Verification: Completes primary source verification for new and existing providers to ensure due diligence.
- Records Management: Maintains assigned physician files, updating each item/action as processed.
- Utilizes database status/alert and other report functions, software tools and links to scanned documentation.
- Ensures that information is current and accurate.
- Credentialing Standards: maintains consistency in database entry to ensure accurate and consistent processes.
- Back-up Coverage: provide credentialing back-up for other members of the credentialing group.
Other related duties, as required.
1. A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university in Public Health, Public Administration, Business Administration, Social Work, Psychology or Rehabilitation Counseling, and three years of full-time experience in medically oriented health care and medical support systems environment, two years of which included experience in an administrative or supervisory capacity in such occupations as physical, occupational, inhalation, speech and audiology therapy or as Medical/Laboratory Technologist, Microbiologist (various specialties), Chemist (biochemist), Radiation and X-Ray Technician or three years of responsible level experience in business management systems or general administration including two years in a supervisory or administrative capacity.
2. A Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in the disciplines listed in (1), and two years of full-time experience as listed in (1), plus one year experience in an administrative or supervisory capacity in occupations as listed in (1); or,
3. A satisfactory equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
Note: Certification or licensure may be required.
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
If applying online, please include your cover letter in the same file attachment with your uploaded resume.