Westmed Medical Group is hiring a Credentialing Associate. The Credentialing Associate is responsible to complete assigned credentialing and re-credentialing files for providers affiliated with the Westchester Medical Group and The Rye Ambulatory Surgery Center.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible to prepare credentialing and re-credentialing files for both WMG and The Rye ASC, to meet NCQA & AAAHC requirements and insurance payor delegation requirements.
- Gathers all pertinent credentials from the provider and required by the insurance carrier.
- Completes all necessary paperwork for credentialing.
- Knowledgeable of standards that include but are not limited to: NYSDOH, CMS, NCQA, AAAHC, Rye ASC bylaws and WMG credentialing guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Tracks all applications to ensure timely return from providers.
- Proficient in the ECHO credentialing software.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate provider information in the credentialing software. Ensures all information is current.
- Responsible for tracking provider licenses, certificates, boards and registrations to ensure they are renewed before expiration date related to applicable files.
- Scans all provider information into ECHO credentialing software.
- Manages assigned projects as directed by the Credentialing Manager. Performs other duties as requested.
- Adheres to all WMG Compliance Program Policies and Procedures including all regulatory financial and OSHA requirements. Participates in and contribute to help achieve a total compliance program.
- High School graduate.
- 1 year of credentialing experience required.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with providers and office managers.
- Flexibility to respond to changing demands and environment.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and complete delegated demands.
Westmed Medical Group is a large, award-winning multi-specialty medical practice, with headquarters in Purchase, NY. It is staffed by a team of over 500 Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers who are dedicated to providing coordinated, efficient and the highest quality of patient care at its 13 locations in Westchester County, NY and Fairfield County, CT. The practice, known for its one-stop-shopping medical experience for patients, uses state-of-the-art systems and has a national reputation for measured healthcare excellence. Westmed offers 60+ medical specialties and currently has over 1,000 employees. Our mission is to be your trusted partner in comprehensive, lifelong care. The foundation for service excellence at Westmed Medical Group starts with the patient experience and focusing on the complete total care of our patients. Westmed is recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Level 3 Medical Home, the highest achievable level. Westmed has been one of 480 Medicare Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) nationwide since 2012, and was ranked a Fortune® 2017 Best Workplaces in Healthcare and in New York State.
Here at Westmed Medical Group, we look for individuals who are interested in and seek a challenging, growth-oriented, dynamic and friendly environment. Individuals with a strong work ethic along with a caring personality are who we find to be most successful here, fitting into our not so basic mantra of simply being “Smart" & “Nice". Our organization is constantly looking to bring on like-minded people who have a genuine interest in helping people and possess an intellectual curiosity to try and do things better and more efficiently. We strive to bring out the best in all of our team members and provide individuals with the support they need to achieve their career aspirations while providing the best quality care to our patients.
We provide a modern office environment, state-of-the-art equipment and technology as well as competitive benefits and salary. Our benefits include medical, dental, free copays for employees who see Westmed physicians, discounted vision glasses, life insurance, AD&D insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401k and profit sharing, flexible spending plans, and more. Westmed Medical Group has also been GreatRated! as a Great Place to Work, the global authority on high-trust, high-performance workplace cultures.
Westmed is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Westmed is committed to a long term, sustainable approach for safeguarding our environment to ensure that we are passing along a healthy planet to the next generation. Our company is dedicated to protecting the quality of the environment in which we all share.